Mix Trail Marathon
This is a mountain marathon through a natural park, combined with crossing the Mediterranean by Kajak, along with one visit to the Tibetan Buddhist monastery.
Support is considered a fundamental part of our trail running experience, we will always be there for you.
- We will start very early, the route guide will go to the accommodation and take the runners to the seafront promenade of Vilanova i la Geltrú, where the second guide will have breakfast and a first provisioning.
- The support guide will carry the equipment together with the runners and will take them to the beach of Vilanova. In Vilanova they will do the crossing by kajak and will finish two hours later.
TRIP BY SEA IN KAJAK
- We will leave the equipment we do not need on the beach. Our specialized instructor will be waiting for us, he will attend a short course about the use of Kayak and after that we will go to the beach along the beautiful and rugged coastline of Garraf. During almost 6 km we will canoe through a spectacular location and wew will stop to go into small caves.
- We will end the route on the beach.
INITIAL TRAIL RUN MARATHON
- After a refreshment and preparation of equipment we will start the marathon following a track of the Ultra trail races of Barcelona. Every 8-10 km the support guide will have prepared a provisioning.
- We will move direction to the stone monument "La creu de Sant Isidre", from there we will take the path "Camí de la Fita ". On the way we will be able to observe amazing views of Sitges and the sea.
- We will follow the route through a forest track, until we return to the typical tracks of the Garraf orography.
- We will follow the route to the highest point of the Garraf mountains, from where we will have the possibility to observe beautiful views of Barcelona.
- We arrive at the Garraf Buddhist monastery 'Sakya Tashi Ling', where the monastery guide will take us for a tour of about 1 hour. There we will learn about the customs, traditions from the ancient Tibetan religion and culture (Tibetan Buddist). Lunch.
- We will leave the monastery, almost always descending following paths, forest tracks and small roads until we reach the last provisioning, and from there we will move direction village of Vilanova.
ARRIVAL TO VILANOVA I LA GELTRU
- After a last meal the guide will take the runners to their accommodation.
- Massage performed by a sports physiotherapist.
- Free to enjoy Vilanova or Sitges.
Sea crossing kajak